MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME
With the commencement of the locally assembled Mitsubishi ASX, successful applicants under the Malaysia My Second Home programmes are now eligible to purchase our stylish Compact SUV tax free*
Visit any of our authorised showroom or e-mail us to find out how!
Welcome to Malaysia!
MM2H, or Malaysia My Second Home, is the Malaysian Government's initiative to welcome non-Malaysians from all over the world to stay in the country on a ten-year renewable Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry Visa. With MM2H, you can bring along your spouse, children, and one helper.
Benefit on car-ownership:
- Purchase one locally-assembled vehicle (Completely-Knocked-Down or CKD)**. In this case, The Mitsubishi ASX!
** Exemption from excise duty if done within 1 year from MM2H pass endorsement date & subject to government approval.
- A certified copy of approval letter from the Immigration Department of Malaysia confirming your Social Visit Pass under 'Malaysia My Second Home' (MM2H).
- A certified copy of International passport (the page with personal details and the page with Multiple Entry Visa).
- Application for MM2H programme vehicle tax and duty exemption is available on http://www.mm2h.gov.my/ (This document is required for MOF approval).
- Approved letter from MOF.
- Vehicle Sales order form from authorised Mitsubishi Motors dealer.
- International driving license.
- Customer Application letter for tax & duty exemption for Customs Office.
Visit a Mitsubishi Motors authorized dealer to place your booking. Bring along documents (1) and (2). Upon booking, the dealer will provide the vehicle sales order form (5).
Submit documents (1), (2), (3) and (5) to apply for exemption of tax and duty to the Ministry of Finance (MOF). MOF will provide the offer letter (4) to you once approved.
Submit the offer letter (4) from MOF to the dealer for them to make a car reservation from Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) Head Office.
MMM will issue a confirmation email to the dealer stating the model, chassis and engine number.
All required documents must be submitted to MOF by the dealer or through MM2H agent.
Once approved by MOF, the dealer will submit a copy of the approval letter and the required documents to the Customs and Excise Department via MMM.
Upon Customs approval, MMM will inform the dealer about vehicle readiness. Full payment can be made to the dealer.
MMM will make arrangements for the car delivery to the dealer.
Congratulations! Your new Mitsubishi is ready for collection!
Vehicles purchased under the MM2H is not exempted from GST, effective 1 April 2015. For further details, kindly visit MM2H.